Education for Now and Eternity
"The Holy Scriptures are the perfect standard of truth, and as such should be given the highest place in education. To obtain an education worthy of the name, we must receive a knowledge of God, the Creator, and of Christ, the Redeemer, as they are revealed in the sacred word. Every human being, created inthe image of God, is endowed with power akin tho that of the Creator - individuality, power to think and to do. The men in whom this power is developed are the men who bear responsibilities, who are leaders in enterprise, and who influence character. It is the work of true education to develop this power, to train the youth to be thinkers, and not mere reflectors of other men's thought. Instead of confining their study to that which men had said or written, let students be directed to the sources of truth, to the vast fields opened for research in nature and revelation. Let them contemplate the great facts of duty and destiny, and the mind will expand and strengthen."
Ellen G. White, Education, p.1
and great shall be the peace of thy children."
PLANS FOR REOPENING SCHOOL AUGUST 2020:
- Cleaning and disinfection: Doors, chairs, desks, tabletops, bathrooms will be systematically cleaned as they are used. The sharing of books, pencils, rulers, misc. and all etc. will be prohibited. Each student will have their own personal space and items to use.
- Cohorting: At NACS Cohorting is on a small scale since we only have 16 students in the school. Each grade level is small in number making it easy to cohort groups of 2 to 4 students. Recess will be done outdoors in the fresh air. Lunch tables and seating will be separated by 6 feet.
- Entrance, Egress, and Movement: Six-foot markers indicated the space each student is to keep from each other. They will be directed to wait until the person ahead of them moves, then they can. Parents will wait in their cars to drop off and pick up their child(ren). Class size is very small, and we will keep the children six feet apart in all cases of movement.
- Face Coverings: CDPH approved purchased face shields, face masks, and desk shields are all provided to each child individually.
- Health Screenings for Students and Staff: Each child and staff will have their temperature checked first thing in the morning, before lunch, and at the end of the day. Students and staff will be sent home immediately if any symptoms of Covid-19 are present. They will be instructed to see a doctor to determine if they are positive. If they are positive, they will have to stay home for 14 days and return only if the 14th day test proves negative.
- Healthy Hygiene Practices: There are handwashing sinks in the classroom and bathrooms. There are touchless water faucets and touchless paper towel dispensers. We also have touchless hand sanitizer stations in the classroom, hallway, bathroom, and outdoors.
- Identification and Tracing of Contacts: If there should arise a positive covid-19 case the school will immediately contact all parents and the local health department. Attendance will be taken every day and noted if someone leaves early. This is to ensure that we know who may or may not have been affected by a positive case. This list will be given to the local health department. The contact person for this is: Norma Howard 760-326-4406.
- Physical Distancing: Each child’s desk will be placed 6 feet apart. Every desk will have desk shields. Students will be kept apart. Students and staff will be trained to keep apart.
- Staff Training and Family Education: Staff have been trained in the requirements and methods on how to move to in-person school. Families will be trained (via zoom) on the protocols and requirements of proper space and lack of interaction with others when they drop off or pick up their child(ren).
- Testing of Students and Staff: Students and staff will be tested periodically to see if they are positive or asymptomatic. If anyone is tested positive, they will be kept from school for 14 days and only able to return with the physician’s clearance. If someone has been exposed to a covid-19 case, they are required to stay home for 14 days and be tested before returning.
- Triggers for Switching to Distance Learning: When a suspected case of COVID-19 the school will call the county health office and follows their direction.
- Communication Plans: As needed there will be communication with all parents, by email or text messaging, in order to indicate any covid cases. All information will be private with the guidelines of FERPA and HIPAA in place.